.FOUND: amazing choc-brownie recipe.

Monday, May 23, 2011



picture by: me

In times of stress, I happen to rely on the obvious, retail therapy.
But once in a while, a girl needs to control her spending. So my other form of therapy is baking!
I have search high and low for the simplest, most perfect chocolate brownie recipe
and I think I have finally found it!!!

What you need?
125g dark chocolate
225g unsalted butter
4 eggs
125g soft brown sugar
125g caster sugar
50g plain flour, sifted
20g cocoa powder
100g choc chip buttons

How to make it?
1. Preheat over to 170C/335F. Line square cake tin with parchment paper
2. Melt dark chocolate and unsalted butter over a bain-marie, stir until smooth
3. In separate bowl, mix eggs, brown sugar and caster sugars and beat until thick and creamy
4. Add chocolate-butter mixture, then fold in the sifted flour and cocoa powder, followed by choc-chip buttons, mix well
5. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 30 minutes, or until the skewers inserted into the center comes out clean
6. Cool on rack and cut into squares.

You can also substitute choc-chip buttons with nuts, whatever take your fancy. Now, I found the recipe from the amazing book published by Le Cordon Bleu titled, 'Chocolat: The Chocolate Bible' that I bought at David Jones.
Enjoy!



Follow .the sartorial pursuit.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP